The stars in New York City are usually hidden from sight, hiding under the blanket of night. There's mostly shades of blue in the sky, unlike some places that have billions of stars painted across the sky. There's always that one star, the one that my eyes turn to every night, that shines like a pearl being hit with rays of sunlight. It creeps beyond the trees and buildings and follows me to my destination like a friend who's always there for me. I know that whenever I feel alone or miserable or stressed, I can stare at that beautiful star and etch the picture into my eyelids. The star is like an eye staring only at me. It protects me and I feel like it keeps all its attention on me. I don't need a million stars to spread the New York City night sky. All I need is one.

No comments:
Post a Comment